MT4 Supreme Edition Mini Terminal
1.Opening the Mini Terminal
Download . If you have MetaTrader opened, close it and begin installation.
Open the file in the archive and follow the instructions. Once the installation has completed, you can run MetaTrader.
Currently, MT4 Supreme Edition extensions are only available for Windows.
To initiate the Mini Terminal, open a chart or click on an existing chart in MetaTrader 4. Then add the expert advisor (EA) MTrading Mini Terminal to the chart.
Double-click on the EA in the MT4 Navigator list and drag the EA onto the chart. Alternatively, you can right-click its name and select Attach to a chart.
You can only run one EA per chart in MetaTrader 4. Mini Terminal fully occupies the chart. Adding the Trade Terminal to the chart with EA will replace EA.
To run EA and Mini Terminal at the same time, open several charts.
2.Placing trades with Mini Terminal
2.1.Placing buy/sell orders
Click Buy or Sell to place a buy or sell order, respectively.
MT4 will show the usual dotted horizontal lines on the chart for each order, such as entry point, stop loss and take profit if applicable.
You can assess the position for each symbol by looking at the status bar at the top. For example, “+1.0” means you are long one lot and “-1.0” means you are short one lot.
The current spread is shown as the number between the Buy and Sell buttons.
Use the fields above Buy and Sell buttons to adjust the amount of lots, set a trailing stop (T/S), stop-loss (S/L) and take-profit (T/P).
There is a trade calculator functionality available for each field. Press Ctrl+left-click to open the trade calculator.
For example, to set a stop loss, Ctrl+left-click the S/L field to open a trade calculator. The system will calculate your pip value per lot, S/L risk and give you the lot size based on these numbers. If the exact calculation is not possible, the value will be rounded down.
Ctrl+left-click the lot field to get information about the margin requirements.
To access additional functionalities of Mini Terminal, click on the Icon
The margin calculator calculates for new orders in real time. These orders include running orders which charge your account.
Check whether the desired order size suits your account and whether it fulfills the margin requirements.
2.4.Placing pending orders
To place pending orders, click on the Icon
You can choose the order type, stop loss, take profit and entry price.
The latter can be set either as a fixed value or as amount of pips against the current price. A buy limit with a value of 10 pips will place a limit order 10 pips below the price.
2.4.1.Placing pending orders direct from chart
You can also create pending orders from the chart.
Ctrl+click on the chart to create a separate window for pending orders.
If your price exceeds the current price, you can create a buy stop or a sell limit. If your price falls below the current price, you can create a buy limit or a sell stop.
To mark the preferred price or rate, use the crosshairs in the MetaTrader 4 menu bar or the middle mouse button.
2.5.One-cancels-other (OCO) orders
Click on the icon and select New order to place OCO orders. You can choose between two types.
- OCO breakout sets two prices, one on each side of the current price, with buy stop and sell stop placed automatically by the system. If one pending order is filled, the other is cancelled. OCO breakout is typically used when you don’t know the exact direction of a price movement.
- OCO reversion places buy limits and sell limits instead of buy stops and sell stops. OCO reversion is typically used in case of a price bounce.
You can create template for the order type you use on a regular basis. This gives you quick access to this specific order type.
To create a template, click on the icon, fill in the New order form and press Save template. You can choose a name for your new template.
To access the template, Ctrl+click on the icon and select the saved template from the context menu. This specific order types will be placed automatically and will not require confirmation.
To close an open position, click on the position marker at the top of the Mini Terminal and open a panel with options.
The panel displays profitability of your order in cash and pips. The price below the profit is the position’s average entry price (in case of multiple open orders).
The list of options for closing orders includes the following:
- Close all closes all positions and pending orders
- Close open positions closes all active, non-pending trades
- Delete pending orders deletes only pending orders
- Close all winners closes all open positive orders
- Close all losers closes all open negative orders
- Reverse closes the current position and opens another position of the same value on the opposite side of the market
- Hedge opens an order of the same volume on the opposite side of the market without closing the current one.
To close the order, you can use regular MetaTrader 4 window or the settings and extensions of the Mini Terminal.
You can edit S/L or T/P by dragging the order’s marker. Use the handle at the right-hand end of the marker.
Additionally, you can drag the entry price of pending orders. Please note that you cannot move the entry price of open positions.
If you drag a marker to an invalid level, the system will ask you whether you want to close the order.
Press Esc to cancel a drag in progress. Click on the label to open a separate window with additional details.
4.1.Changing S/L or T/P - all open orders
Click on the chart to change S/L or T/P on all open orders. Ctrl+click on the price where you want to set S/L or T/P. This is a similar process for placing pending orders.
A separate window will appear. Click on the S/L or T/P buttons. S/L or T/P will automatically move to the selected price.
Ctrl+click on the high or low of a bar to set the S/L or T/P to that price. Alternatively, you can use the crosshairs or mouse cursor to select a new price.
4.2.Using lines as trailing stop, timed stop or take-profit
Mini Terminal lets you use smart lines to place multiple stops, take profits or issue simple partial close commands. There are three types of lines in MetaTrader 4 software: horizontal line, vertical line and diagonal line.
Horizontal line allows you to set multiple S/L or T/P for any number of orders. It also supports partial closing.
Vertical line issues a timed partial or complete close command for any number of orders.
Diagonal line sets and edits trailing stops and trailing T/P. It also supports partial closing, which allows you to arrange multiple trailing stops for a single order.
Different types of lines can be combined:
- open any order without trailing stop
- use the buttons to place lines
- Alt+click on the line to open the Smart-Lines window
- choose the line type (S/L or T/P)
- assign the right order.
After you confirm the action, the line turns orange and SL or TP is automatically set.
When the price crosses the line, your closing commands are filled.
4.2.1.Partially closing orders with smart lines
Mini Terminal allows to partially close orders, with three different options available:
- as a percent via partially closing the order
- regulating the order via the lot size - you can close orders by a set amount of lots or contracts
- Maximum trade size leaves the preferred amount of order volume open.
Under Advanced, you can use additional settings to further increase your trading effectiveness, including:
- Delete pending orders – upon reaching the target line, all pending orders will be aborted and removed
- Keep this line after it is triggered – the line will remain in the chart after its function is triggered
- Delete this line if another line is triggered – this line and its functions are removed if any other line is triggered
- Close each order individually – when you partially close several orders, the remaining orders are usually consolidated into one remaining order. You can deactivate that by checking this box.
Please note that smart lines are active until you close MetaTrader 4.
The smart lines data is saved locally. To access the data on a different PC, you need to login to your account. If MT4 is closed, S/L and T/P will not be executed.
You have an option to open a separate window for each order. To do this, click on the ticket number of an order or click on the marker and choose Edit.
The order details window shows how close the stop loss, take profit and trailing stop are to being hit. Additionally, you can see how the balance will change if they are hit.
The current profit is displayed in the top-right corner. Click on the current profit to switch it between cash and pips.
Click on the Close order button to close the order. Click on the S/L, T/P or T/S buttons to change the stop loss, take profit and trailing stop.
To partially close an order, press Partial close.
5.1.Settings and disabling hedging
To adjust the settings of your Mini Terminal, click on the icon and select Settings. You can enable one-click-trading and activate/deactivate hedging mode.
By default, the Mini Terminal follows the standard MetaTrader 4 procedures and lets you have buy and sell orders open simultaneously. If you activate non-hedging mode, buy orders will close sell orders and vice versa.
For example, if you are long 0.3 lots and sell 0.1 lots, you are left with a buy order for 0.2 lots.
Deactivating hedging mode speeds up the process of closing orders. For example, if you have five contracts long open and want to close them quickly, click on the Sell button to close the currently open buy order.
With activated hedging, new sell orders will be opened. This means that you would have five contracts long and five contracts short.
Additionally, deactivating hedging allows you to quickly partially close orders.
You can also set sound alarms for chosen events. To do this, select a sound alert and attach it to an event. The list of events includes:
- New market order
- New pending order
- Pending order activated
- Position closed
- Pending order deleted.
Clicking Test previews the sound alert.
All new settings need to be saved.
Mini Terminal shows a list of automated tasks for independent execution. To view this list, click on the icon and choose Auto tasks.
5.4.Undocking the Mini Terminal window
It is possible to display Mini Terminal in a separate window by undocking it from MetaTrader. You can continue to trade while the terminal is undocked from the chart. This is especially useful for users with multiple screens.
To undock the Trade Terminal, click on the icon and select Undock terminal. To undo the change, click Settings button and choose Re-dock terminal.
You can also put this setting as default. Go into the Inputs tab and set DetachedTopmost to true. Mini Terminal will automatically appear in a separate window when you run MetaTrader.
You can also set whether Mini Terminal should always appear in the foreground. This way, Mini Terminal remains visible even if you open new windows.
Tick charts in MT4 and several other functions work on EA technology. MetaTrader 4 allows to have only one active EA per chart.
To use tick charts and Mini Terminal at the same time, open another MT4 chart and run Mini Terminal in it. You can use both for the same currency pair.
5.5.Detaching the chart
You can also detach the chart from MetaTrader 4 to move it to a different screen. To do this, click on the icon and activate the option Undock chart.
The chart will be detached from MetaTrader 4. You can move it freely
To undo the detaching, repeat the steps for undocking and select Re-dock chart.
Trading simulator allows you to manually test your trading strategies based on historical data and analyse the results. To access trading simulator:
- use the use the
- press Ctrl+R.
The trading is handled via the Mini Terminal interface.
6.1.Setting up the strategy tester
Open the strategy tester by clicking on the icon or pressing Ctrl+R. Choose the expert advisor titled MTrading– Trading Simulator.ex4, then set your trading instrument and a time-frame.
If you do not know which testing model to use specifically, choose Open Prices only. Other settings should only be used by experienced users.
Next, choose your preferred time window. Make sure that enough historical data exists for the this period. Additionally, enable visual mode.
To make the simulation more authentic, adjust the initial account balance in the EA options to match your live account.
Once the settings are properly configured, click the Start button to start the simulation.
A new chart will open. The test is paused initially, so you can customise the chart. You can change the colours and add indicators.
You can save and load templates for specific strategies, indicators and colour customisations. Load your template after clicking the Start test button to apply it before unpausing the actual process.
Once everything is set-up properly, click the >> button to un-pause and start the simulation.
6.3.Trading with the trading simulator
The test will start running after you hit the >> button. Use the slider in the strategy tester interface to adjust the speed or pause the chart entirely.
Trading in the trading simulator works like described earlier in the manual. You have access to all trading functionalities of the Mini Terminal, such as trading calculator or smart lines.
6.4.Completing the test
When the testing is complete, use the Stop button. The Mini Terminal in your trading simulator will display the outcome.
The menu tabs offer an additional overview and statistics for all trades done during the test. This allows you to analyse and evaluate your strategy.
7.Frequently asked questions
- Is the expert advisor working? The extension works via EA technology and only functions while the AutoTrading setting is activated. This is indicated by a smiley in the top-right corner of your chart and the green arrow on the AutoTrading button in your menu interface.
- Do extensions support other languages? Extensions support several languages, including German, French and Spanish. If the language of your Expert Advisors and MetaTrader 4 differs, do the following:
- choose the View option or your regional equivalent
- choose Languages and set your MetaTrader 4 to English
- restart the program and then reset it to a language of your choice
- restart it again
- set EAs to your preferred language.
- Is there only one extension at a time? Only a single expert advisor per chart can be active. To open another EA, open a second chart for the same symbol and apply EA to it.
- Does this program support Mac OS? No.
- Does this program support MT5? No.
- Why did Mini Terminal stop displaying labels for orders? Mini Terminal displays labels for up to 20 orders. With more than 20 orders open, labels fade out to provide more screen space. You can close the orders to see the labels you need.
- Why does MT4 Supreme Edition not function with my demo account? When a trial period ends, it will display a message saying To continue using Supreme Edition, please apply for real account. To apply Supreme version to your demo account, please contact our customer service.
- Is it possible to remove specific extensions? Yes, right-click on expert advisors and indicators in the navigator to delete them.
- Why does every order need confirmation? This means that one-click trading is disabled. You can enable it in the Mini Terminal setting (see 5.1).
ServiceCom Ltd provides these MetaTrader 4 plug-ins for free. To use this technology, you need a stable internet and server connection. ServiceCom Ltd has ensured technical reliability of abovementioned plug-ins, but technical problems may arise. ServiceCom Ltd provides free demo accounts for you to familiarise yourself with the technology and plug-ins before risking your funds. ServiceCom Ltd is not liable for losses sustained due to technical problems.
Trading Forex and CFDs involves a high level of risk and may not be suitable for all investors. Carefully consider your level of experience and risk appetite before you start trading. Past performance of these types of investments does not guarantee any future results.